We try to set proper expectations before you buy, so there are no surprises. Here are some items of note:
- Our flash is 100% invisible to humans & animals; because of this, night pictures won't be as bright and clear as competing cameras that use a visible flash.
- Battery life is typically 2-20 weeks, depending on your settings, outdoor temperature & camera activity.
- Our cameras are capable of recording and sending videos to your phone, but video files will only send if your camera has a strong 4G connection. Sending video files will consume a lot of wireless data, so most customers who send videos upgrade to the Outfitter plan at $44.99/month.
- In order to use the wireless features of this camera, you’ll need a monthly data plan from Yellowstone.ai. This camera will send pictures to any phone, regardless of your provider, but the camera requires a data plan purchased through us.
- Our cameras use passive infrared motion detection technology. Passive infrared technology is great, because it is very energy-efficient. However, it is not perfect and it does miss motion from time to time. So you will not get a picture of every single person, deer, or vehicle. It will also generate false triggers. If 100% detection is critical for your application, then we recommend a solution like Verkada.