If you use Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries, and optimize your settings, you should be able to go months between battery changes. You can extend that with a solar battery pack. Any batteries that cost less $1 per battery are best suited for your TV remote, not your deer camera.
Camera Settings to Extend Battery Life (Using App or Camera Buttons)
- 4G > Web Ctrl > DAILY (Cell Settings in app)
- This will greatly extend battery life but you'll lose the ability to request quick pics instantly. You can set at timelapse picture every 12 or 24 hours to still get frequent check-in pictures without the high battery consumption of instant web control.
- 4G > Send Pic Resolution > LOW (Cell Settings in app)
- 4G > Send Pic/Video > Turn Video OFF (Cam Settings in app)
- Cam > Cam Mode > IMAGE (Cam Settings in app)
Consider adding a solar panel, wall outlet adapter, or external 12 volt battery, details here