Capturing photos and videos, sending them wirelessly, listening for remote commands, and powering an invisible flash all require energy. Here are our recommendations to power your Yellowstone.ai cameras.
Your camera will operate on 12 AA batteries. Here are our recommended batteries
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium here
- Lithium batteries will last 2-8 times longer than other AAs. In addition, they can handle extreme temperatures much better than other AAs.
- Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable NiMH here
- If you visit your camera frequently, you can save money by investing in two sets of rechargeable batteries. Many customers keep one set in your camera and the other at home to charge and swap them every few weeks. However, rechargeable batteries don't handle extreme temperatures well and their remaining battery life is more difficult for your camera to read, so the battery life that you see in your command center might be inaccurate. In addition to the batteries, you'll also need to purchase a NiMH AA battery charger if you don't already have one.
- We used to recommend buying these batteries on Amazon, but due to a rising reports of counterfeit batteries being sold on Amazon, we now recommend buying from Best Buy.
Our 110 Volt Wall Outlet Adapter here
Our Compatible Solar Panel here
External 12 Volt Fittings - Most trail cameras have one of two very common sizes for power plugs. The power input on our cameras is 4.0mm x 1.7mm. Some others use 2.1mm x 5.5mm. The combination of this cable and this adapter will allow your camera to run on most 12 volt setups.